◊2. The Store
The first store in Clearwater was built in 1911. Run by Reginald and Mabel Burgess, the building served as a grocery store on the ground level, and upstairs a meeting hall. The original store burned down in 1941. The present building was moved its current location from Crystal City in 1943. Jim and Margaret Findlay purchased the business in 1954 and ran it until 1990. The store has changed hands many times since then.
The Store - Jo-Lene Gardiner