5. The Water Tower
The CPR water tower has been in use since the early days of railway dating back as far as 1900. The tower houses a 40,000 gallon tank and supplied water for steam train locomotives until they were replaced by diesel power. In 1970 the waterline was laid in Clearwater and the town took over operation of the tank. The water tower is still in use today and was officially designated a heritage site in 1996.
The Water Tower - Roy McLaren